Having a quick and easy meal with venison is important. My Country Venison recipe is a surefire hit that is also very fast to make. Use round or backstrap in this recipe and you can’t go wrong. You’ll enjoy this fast recipe that will remind you of country cooking.
Fast and delicious Country Venison Recipe and Gravy
- 8 tbsp butter 1 stick
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground pepper
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 lb venison cut in small cubes
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups rice or noodles cooked
- Heat butter in frying pan on medium until melted and bubbly.
- Meantime, mix flour, salt, pepper, nutmeg, garlic powder, and paprika in a bowl. Dredge the venison in the flour mixture, coating all sides.
- Add venison to skillet and brown on all sides. Reserve extra flour mixture.
- Add the reserved flour mixture and cook, making a thick paste.
- Add water and let simmer until the flour thickens.
- Add the milk and cook, stirring often, until thick.
- Serve over cooked rice or noodles.